kudzu "Keep existing configuration" does not act as advertised

Hi all,

My laptop has a strange behavior where occasionally the keyboard will
not work until you press Shift+<some_key>, then all is well.  The
problem is, when this happens, kudzu notices that the keyboard is
missing and asks me what I want to do about it.  The choices I get are
(from memory, IIRC):
Ignore it -- keep going and prompt me again if the device seems to be missing
Keep existing configuration -- keep going, but don't prompt again if
it seems missing
Remove the configuration -- forget about the device altogether

No matter how many times I tell it to keep the existing configuration
and not bother me when it seems missing, I still get the kudzu screen
when it happens.  I think this also happens with other devices (it
happened with my printer when I unhooked it once), the keyboard
problem is just a convenient example.  Has anyone else noticed this
kind of behavior?  Is kudzu really supposed to act the way it explains
the choices (or at least the way I understand it)?  I checked bugzilla
and didn't find anything that seemed exactly like this.  I'll be glad
to add a bugzilla entry if people think this is probably a bug.
I'm running a fully updated FC3 x86_64.  I would assume that it would
be the same on a 32-bit system, but I don't have any way of testing
that.
$ rpm -q kudzu
kudzu-1.1.95-1.x86_64

Thanks,