Re: Plextor PX-716A DVD burner and xine (details)

Quick re-cap of this problem.

Found that DMA mode was unable to be enabled on Plextor PX-716A.

Received a message from Ed Hume that may have provided the solution.  He
recommended changing a BIOS setting on the controller from standard to
enhanced mode.

I had a chance to do that last night when I had that system down to
install a second encoder card.

I went through the bios settings and found the option to set it to
enhanced mode.  When I checked the status of the drive using hdparm
/dev/hda it now shows DMA as enabled.

I have not run the acid test yet but will later today.  This looks like
it will resolve the problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Do not sleep in a eucalyptus tree tonight.