Re: make a boot disk for FC3

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:39:59 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Do, den 24.03.2005 schrieb Matthew Benjamin um 23:32:
>
> > Can where to find the Dosutils to make a boot disk for FC3?
> >
> > mB.
>
> DOSutils?
> mkbootdisk --help  ==> --iso
>
> Alexander
[..]

2004-05-25, 04:26 PM PDT
FC2 wont ask to create a boot floppy because the kernel is too big to
fit on a floppy. In place of a boot floppy they have a custom "rescue
cd" now that has the kernel on it and acts as a boot drive but on a
cd. Basically, it performs the same function, but on a cd instead of
floppy. As for the errrors, i still dont know. I had a similar one,
and it never did get straightened out. I ended up having to reformat
everything because the file systems ended up getting corrupted.

<http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-395.html>

e-mail lists suck.  just think of how much bs would be avoided if it
were regular usenet.

Thufir