Installing FC3 with Controller SATA Raid Silicon Image 3114

I have an Athlon64 3500+ with a motherboard Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe and
two HD Maxtor 6B300S0 (Diamondmax 10 - 300Gb).
I'd like to install Fedora Core 3 x86_64 with the hard disk connected
to the SATA RAID Controller Silicon Image 3114 of the motherboard,
setted up like Raid1 (mirrored).
The problem is that, even if I set up the RAID drive by the controller
utility, linux installer "sees" two separated disks. Software RAID
seems to works fine.
I tried the linux disk driver downloaded from Silicon Image, but it
dosn't work, or I'm not able to let it works...
I know that this controller is used on lots of motherboard, so I hope
that someone could help me!
Thanks a lot in advance!
Francesco