Re: openwall, grsecurity, PAX, LIDS, and Bastille for FC3

Hi

> Question, since FC3 should be the latest integrated offering of the kernel
> and apps, how much of the openwall, grsecurity, PAX, and LIDS components
> were added to the 2.6 kernel by the open source community, or by Red Hat
> later?

fedora does not use many vendor patches and usually ships stuff thats
close to the upstream version.  exec shield is included. selinux is
enabled by default.

> Guess I'm really asking is: What's left for me to add from from these
> projects that wasn't already added?

if you do a stock installation and keep your machines updated that
would be enough

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram