Re: Fc =! production!!

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 01:36, gaurav wrote:

Hi guys,
I want to know if fedora is ready for production
Even though I not much problem running my fc servers all people I have consulted say I should use debian (and no I cannot pay for RHEL).....is it based on facts like security holes, bugs and response , patches availability or some general perception ??

First, note that there are free clones based on RHEL like http://www.centos.org. However any instability in fedora has so far been only with certain hardware - that is, if you get it installed and working on a system it will be as likely to continue to work as any other distribution. The other issue is that official support/updates only continues for the current release and one previous version, so you need to re-install about once a year

can I automatically upgrade using yum ??

or switch to legacy support for security updates.
Depending on what the machine is doing, it may or may not be
worth the trouble to run a recent release.