Re: permission problems with SELinux in FC3

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:30:16 -0500, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 13:56 +0800, Didier Casse wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >           I upgraded my machines to FC3 and now I realize that nothing
> > comes out of my speakers as a normal user, gtkam refuses to access my
> > camera and a few glitches like this occur in my system.
> >
> > When I'm root everything's possible but not as a normal user. If I
> > chmod 766 some stuff, they work temporarily but after a reboot it
> > start to suck again.
> >
> > Any solutions for that? Thanks a lot.
>
> What makes you think it is SELinux-related?  Are there any "avc:
> denied" messages in /var/log/messages?  Does the behavior change if you
> run /usr/sbin/setenforce 0 (to switch SELinux to permissive mode)?
> Given the targeted policy as the default in FC3, there is no difference
> as far as SELinux is concerned between root and a normal user (because
> targeted policy only confines daemons, not users).

Hi Stephen and Daniel,
                                 Thanks for the reply. I'm not really
sure what was going on but it seemed that doing a relabel worked jut
fine!

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD candidate | LiMiNT Beamline
Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS), 5 Research Link, Singapore 117603
Email: elprodigioREMOVE_THIS_ANTISPAM_MOJO@xxxxxxxxx|
Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg | GPG Key 1024D/B3C57D01 2004-06-23