Re: permission problems with SELinux in FC3

Didier Casse wrote:

Hi all,
         I upgraded my machines to FC3 and now I realize that nothing
comes out of my speakers as a normal user, gtkam refuses to access my
camera and a few glitches like this occur in my system.

When I'm root everything's possible but not as a normal user. If I
chmod 766 some stuff, they work temporarily but after a reboot it
start to suck again.

Any solutions for that? Thanks a lot.

I am not sure this is an SELinux problem. First have you established that you are running SELinux
setstatus should tell you. Check the log file for AVC messages. If you see messages concerning file_t
you need to relabel. If you do not see AVC messages the problem probably is not SELinux
touch /.autorelabel
reboot

Cheers,
Didier.

Didier F.B Casse | PhD candidate | LiMiNT Beamline Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS), 5 Research Link, Singapore 117603
Email: elprodigioREMOVE_THIS_ANTISPAM_MOJO@xxxxxxxxx| Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg | GPG Key 1024D/B3C57D01 2004-06-23