Re: DLink DWL-650 woes

steven ney wrote:
On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 13:25 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:

steven ney wrote:

Thanks for the advice!!!
I'm a tad embarrassed to say, but I don't seem to have iwconfig (nor
ifconfig) on my system. I have the GUI versions (system-config-networks)
but not the command line programmes

Please bottom post in the future.

Anyway, iwconfig and ifconfig are available to the root user only.  You
have to be root to play with them.

Log in as root (or use sudo or su) and run "iwconfig -a".  See if the
card is listed.  If it is, post the information shown and I'll help you
walk through it.  If you'd rather take this off-list (to keep passwords,
ESSIDs and such a bit more private), feel free to email me directly:

	rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again

No problem.