Re: Where is the script that does the automatic e2fsck's located?

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 17 March 2005 10:30, Paul Howarth wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

Ahh, I see, and I have such a file now.  It will now be quite a
few reboots before I see if that helped though, about 20 to go I
believe. OTOH, I could use those up in a day or so as I'm tyring
to troubleshoot why the 2.6.11.2 patch, a simple little 2 liner,
should break tvtimes audio controls, but it does.  Totally
disabling the volume control and makeing the resultant audio badly
distorted and tinny as hell.

You can add forcefsck as a parameter to the kernel boot line (e.g. in grub) to force a filesystem check I think. Or create a file /forcefsck

The /fsckoptions and /forcefsck files will get erased at each reboot
btw.

Paul.

Oh Cute, and I don't mean that in the bowlegged sense. :(

Can I put that into rc.local as an echo statement so its restored on every boot? What perms does it need was another question?

Yes, rc.local should be fine.

The permissions shouldn't matter - rc.sysinit just reads the file, it doesn't try to execute it. I'd go for 0600 or 0644.

Paul.