Re: FC3 randomly crashing

James Wilkinson wrote:

Endy wrote:

I have been having issues with fc3 randomly crashing. <snip> Any ideas?

Bob's given good advice.

Have you completely reinstalled since the hard drive problems?

It's also worth trying to boot into text mode: when booting, get into
grub's menu, press "e" to edit the appropriate kernel option, and add
" 3" to the end of the kernel line. Log in and try doing a text mode ftp
copy.

Have you installed any third-party kernel modules? Which graphics card
do you have?

James.

Yes, I have reinstalled fc3 multiple times, and on both harddrives. I have tried doing the text mode copy as well, still to no avail. I've got a nVidia 5700LE video card with the latest nvidia x86_64 driver (7176). The memory has been swapped out and used in other computers without a problem, but I have not run memtest86. I'll give that a shot.