Re: Updating FC3 using already downloaded files

paulo lino wrote:
Hello!

I've been using FC3 for a while and recently I've had to format my disk.
Since every time I update my system I save the downloaded files to dvd
is
there a way to install these upgrades without having to download them
from the Internet again? I know there is a way to update the
distribution Cd's by rebuilding them but i wanted something easier than
that like modifying the web server of "up2date" and instead of using the
web to update the core it would get them on the dvd. Can you please help
me?

Best regards,
Paulo Lino

The way I do it is to just place the updated packages in the

/var/cache/yum/updates-released/packages/

directory and run

# yum update

That way yum'll take care of the upgrading issues and you still get to save yourself the trouble of having to redownload all the stuff ..

HTH,
-M