Re: Need help creating CDs that will pass mediacheck

Dan Trobridge wrote:
The burned image was put back to the harddisk and md5sum run against
it again.  The numbers matched.  I think this implies that everything
should be fine yet the install keeps stopping on the
glibc-common-2.3.3-74 cannot be found error.

Read Jim's post on this.

nodma option is very often VITAL to proper installation.

Too often probably, but then there are so many IDE controllers out there which don't necessarily 100% conform I guess we can't blame the software.

Strongly suggest trying this especially if you're running VIA or SIS chipsets. I've never really found a problem with Intel, but others may have.

Regards,
Ed.