Re: FC Updates online

Gustavo Seabra wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:42:26 -0600, Thomas Cameron
<thomas.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kumara" <kumara.jayaweera@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 1:21 PM
Subject: FC Updates online

Hi List!
I Listened and saw in books there may be a possibility to update our FC
systems online like windows update. my question is, when it would be
possible? in FC4? if we do so, do all our FC systems become some extent of
Standard? I wish it come soon in reality!
Thanks
Mohan

That feature has been there for ages.  Just do "yum update" and your system
will update itself.

Thomas

And even more... activate the yum cron service and it will do that for
you automatically every night. :-D

This is not necessary: fedora installs as default a service called "yum nightly updates" :-)