Re: nVidia vs FC3 and RHEL3

Greg Swallow wrote:
Since FC2 I have been trying to get my 128mb vNidia cards to do 3D. I finally have something that may get me where it can be done. Seems the cards require memory block D0000000-DFFFFFFF. Anyone know how I might reserve this block in Linux; e.g. XF86Config?

Old 2xPII machines have BIOS to reserve the block, but new PIII setup motherboards do not.

God Bless,

GregS <><

Greg -

Can you consult your motherboard manufacturer's support documentation to look for reserved video memory?

Thanks
-dant <LINUX><