Re: Forcing YUM to install devel packages

|         |           Paul Howarth       |
|         |           <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           fedora-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           02/07/2005 12:50 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           For users of Fedora|
|         |           Core releases      |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: Forcing YUM to install devel packages                                                    |

kevin.j.lisciotti@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I currently have an issue with Evolution 2.0.2 where I can't sent mail
due
> to some SMTP errors but receive mail just fine. After researching the
> problem, I found that it was fixed in 2.0.3 and higher. I was going to
> manually install the current development version 2.1.4, but after seeing
> the dependencies list I quickly changed my mind.
>
> Is there a way to tell yum to install the development version while
> satisfying the long list of dependencies? As an interim fix I am using
> Kontact from KDE, but would like to return to Evolution.

You could do it using:

# yum --enablerepo=development update evolution

but you would be a braver man than I to do that. I'd try to fix the SMTP
issues if I was you. What problems are you having?

Paul.

First I apologize if my reply comes through convoluted, I am stuck using
Lotus Notes at work.

The problem had to do with the way the evolution client contacted the
server using either HELO or EHLO commands. I'm not a programmer so fixing
it myself is out  of the question. On another machine I have, the same
problem existed, but after upgrading that to 2.0.3 it fixed the problem so
I know it's legit.

I'll be brave and test the above when I get home tonight. Thanks a lot!

Kevin