Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

On Feb 7, 2005, at 11:00 AM, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: February 7, 2005 10:53:28 AM CST
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

<... snip ...>

I think it's a good idea actually, though it would be nice if the mailing list sign-up site mentioned the FAQ/Wiki as a place to look before posting.

Paul.

How about a first-post response? I have seen this work well with other lists. The first time a new user posts, they get automailed mailed a brief netiquette flyer and a FAQ list. Their post still goes to the list, but, by and large, they will read the FAQ and explore the links while waiting for an answer. One could even get real fancy and do a search against the archives/FAQ for topics related to their post, but that may be overboard.

Eric Vought

Technical Director
Diversity Ink
Morgan Family Enterprises