Re: Resetting Gnome Desktop

Thomas Cameron wrote:

The "chainsaw" method is to boot the machine to runlevel 3 (i.e. np GNOME stuff running), and in your home directory run the commands:

mkdir backup
mv .g* backup

This will move all your GNOME settings (essentially deleting them) and they will be reset to defaults next time you start X.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. That did the trick. Now I'm attempting to determine why VNC caused the changes. I think it's because I had settings to be saved automatically.

I also need to find out if there is a graceful way of exiting VNC Viewer instead of simply closing the application.

--
Regards,
Matt Florido