Re: FC 3 updates...

Robert Nichols wrote:
Mark Weaver wrote:
 > Agreed. I just updated to the latest FC kernel - 2.6.10-1.760FC. I've

noticed that while running Gnome a CD won't get mounted automagically when inserted, "if" I do the mount command, mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrecord, as root user the drive is mounted and as a user then I can eject and insert and use the CD drive normally after that. I suspect though this is a temporary condition that is only good for this session and will likely have to be repeated each time I log into my user session.

Odd.  I'm running the 760_FC3 kernel and a Gnome desktop right now, and
CD automounting is working just fine.  I don't have KDE installed.
Maybe that's the difference.

--
Bob Nichols         rnichols42@xxxxxxxxxxx

I rather think its the hardware on this system that is most of the problem. Its a Dell 2100 Dimension and I'm using an older Sony CDRW drive. Dell machines, as I've noticed, aren't "standard" ATX gear. I was reassured of this recently when I wanted to place an additional memory stick on the machine and was forced to purchase the memory directly from Dell as opposed to getting memory from another outlet at half the price for SDRAM PC133 RAM. :( One of these days this machine is likely to find itself in full time service as a child's game station and there won't be any more Dell equipment to be found in the house.

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996