Re: Matrox Millenium G550 - good choice?

Dave Jones wrote:
> low-end radeons (r200 core era), or onboard graphics are your
> only other options for fully opensource drivers with decent performance.

Just for completeness ... not all integrated graphics have fully
open source drivers. As I understand it, *some* (older) ATi chipsets
(those with the r200 era graphics), and Intel chipsets have fully open
source drivers.

Most of the rest have open source 2D drivers, but need commercial
drivers for 3D support. Some aren't even that well supported. Which is a
pity.

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | When I turned two I was really anxious, because I'd
Exeter    Devon    UK | doubled my age in a year. I thought, if this keeps up,