Re: glut problem

Pedro Angel Garcia Benavente wrote:
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:08:21 +0100, "Dr. Ottó Berkesi"
<oberkesi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Chaps,

I am trying to help one of my students to do some quantum chemical
calculations. In order to help to prepare the input files we are about
to compile a program named Ghemical under Fedora Core 3 on an AMD64
powered machine. We advanced to the stage when make file was created,
but stopped with an error. It says gluth.h is missing. OK, so we
installed glut.3.7.-12.x86_64.rpm and expected to solve the problem.
Unfortunately, it still missing. Did we install the wrong rpm or any
other mistake? Why the header file is missing?
Please take into account, writing up an answer, that we are newcomers in
Linux-world!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Otto

Try to install glut-devel

In any case, cheack if the directories are correct (Usually editing
the makefile or the configure, if it exist

Good luck,
     Pedro

I might add that you may want to check where did the glut-devel package installed the needed header files, they should reside somewhere in the include path for autoconf to be able to pick them up (/usr/inlcude/glut, for instance). Check with:
rpm -ql glut-devel | less (so you can scroll through the output).