Re: Is Fedora Core1 'tooo' old?

Rajev Mhasawade wrote:

Hi all,
I am new to Linux and Fedora.I have got Fedora core 1 cd.Just wanna know if this verson is 'tooo' old?I know core 3 has released and core 4 is on the way.I wonder how fast does this happen just in 1-2 yrs.
Plz also help me about how to update fedora.The page is there on site about it.but it goes over my head!
Regards,
Rajev

In Fedora terms, yes it is too old, but then again, it is just a slight improvement over what you get in Red Hat 9 (well maybe not so slight, but still not as big as how FC2 was over FC1). As it has been mentioned, you still cat get support and updates for it in the legacy project. FC1 makes a very good learning distro, since (AFAIK) of all FC's is the only which can actually be ambidextrous, meaning you can run a 2.4 and 2.6 kernel at any point (reboot required, of course!) with some minor (ok major) tweaks.