Re: A Database Client with a GUI under FC1 ?

Scott Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 01:32 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
Try http://mp3-database.sourceforge.net/

It is written with Perl, and works with MySQL which is an open source
database backend.  It works in conjunction with XMMS but the author
claims it can be adapted to other media players.

Yes i have read the readme

I haven't tried this myself, mind you... write back and say if it works for you!

Well first i have to make a stop by en.tldp.org and look for a howto in order to
make the MySQL server start . And then i have to figure out what Perl modules i need to
install . in order to satisfy the dependencies of the programm .
At the cpan prompt i tried the help command but there was nothing revealing about how to
list the already installed modules . To install a new module i think it goes with

module name : install ( at the cpan prompt )

My Apologies but i have never dealed before neither with MySQL Server nor with Perl .

I will return as soon as i have any further news .