Re: 100% Linux - Is it possible?

Pete Choppin wrote:

I was just looking for a consensus on this...
I have been working with Fedora Core 3 for the past month. My new years resolution was to learn Linux. So far, so good.
I created a dual-boot Fedora / Windows XP. I am now seriously considering going completely 100% Linux and dumping my Windows partition entirely.
The question is - can you live completely without Windows, or do you sooner or later have to resort to Windows again?
--
Pete

You've had lots of good responses to your question, Pete. The consensus is,

Tchnically - Yes! Practically, it depends on the user and the user's environment. For your immediate concern - whether or not to dump an existing Windows XP partition - I suggest that you consider that partition as close to zero cost insurance. The XP license is a sunk cost, your existing applications are functional if needed, and your costs at the margin are disk storage space. If you need/want more harddisk space, 40G - 80G hard drives are available at nominal cost.