Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Corrigan" <lightingisfun@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

I think the troll statement was supposed to mean something along the
lines of "Don't complain when using FC3 in Virtual PC." It's like
running emulated console games under the PC, the quality will never be
the same due to optimizations, emulation compatibility, memory
allocation, hardware emulation and other technical stuff.

Nope - the troll statement was in reference to someone coming to the FC community and firing off with the subject "FC3 sucks." The OP was either looking for a hostile response or just being stupid.

FYI: Newbies won't understand everything right away, it's a fact of
life. It takes time. This list is for people who need help so feel
free to post whenever you're stuck.

But if you're going to post at least try to dredge up a clue about how to treat the list. Insults will not get you far.

When refering to the name calling I think it's beacuse linux people
aren't as tolerant when it comes to product quality and sometimes
expect everyone to know exactly what they know.

Nope, not at all. I have helped and will gladly help newcomers. But someone coming into the FC community and starting off by saying FC3 sucks and then following up by making a baseless comparison to Windows as if Windows were better, and then asks a question which shows that he has done no research at all isn't doing a very good job of asking for help.

I don't know what Microsoft newsgroups there are to compare w/ considering that
discussing windows source code is impossible and requesting
features/help is like talking to a voice recorder, you never know if
anyone is listening.

Windows mailing lists are just as rife with this kind of bad behavior. So are Mac groups. And BSD. And Solaris. It's not a Linux thing.

Thomas