FC3 sucks. It takes up too much memory!

I am *not* exagerating. Please look at the attached screenshot for detail:

1. I think eggcups is the process for printing. Why it takes up more than 40mb memory? On Windows 2000, the spooler printing service takes up only a little more than 4mb memory and less than 3mb virtual memory.

2.  And, eggcups belongs to my session. I am not familiar with the terminal concept. I guess if a user logs on thru a dumb terminal, he/she will get his/her own eggcups; and 40mb memory will reduced from the server. Is my guess true?

3. If I 'kill nnn', where nnn is the pid of eggcups, it somehow respawns. How can I stop this? Anyway I don't want printing service right now, I am just learning programming on Linux.

4. I don't want xscreensaver, because I am running FC3 inside Microsoft Virtual PC. How to stop it?

5. What is gnome-vfs/esd? Are they a must to for a user session?

Please forgive me if my post aroused some kind of holy debate. I come from Windows world, it's inevitable for me to compare Linux/FC with Windows. But I will appreciate very much if someone can help me, instead of just saying 'Only newbies don't understand' or even 'Only morons don't understand'.