Re: Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:28:54PM -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:

> What I do not understand is why choices are being removed from menus and
> hidden.  I thought this was about freedom to choose, as well as making
> it attractive and easy for new users.

Fdisk was removed from the menus because inexperienced users thought
they knew enough to use it and ended up wasting their hard drive.

By allowing the use of fdisk from tty2, you allow experienced users
to use it and you give newcomers access to Disk Druid, which will
only waste your drive if you tell it to do so.

Emmanuel