Re: Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 13:55 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Disk Druid is a dreadful program.

Really? It seems to work for many

> Why has the choice of fdisk disappeared?

Because it scares users away. And on ppc, we need to show pdisk maybe

> I read that one could bring up bash (and so run fdisk)
> by Alt-F2 when asked to choose
> between automatic partitioning and Disk Druid (what a choice!)
> but that did not work for me.

Ctrl+Alt+F2 (or try another vc, if you so incline)

> It seems rather bad to me that one has to run another distribution
> in order to install Fedora.

ntfsresize isn't supported in Fedora, so something like Knoppix seems to
fit the bill here
--
Colin Charles, byte@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bytebot.net/