Re: Open links in new tab in Firefox? [SOLVED]

Mariano Draghi wrote:

Scott Talbot escribió:

If you replace the "window" with "tab" so it reads ",new-tab" you won't
destroy the current tab, but add a new tab. I likes it!

But that way you'll override whatever preference you set in Firefox through the Preferences dialog (just as today "new-window" does). "/usr/bin/firefox" is not a good place to enforce preferences (and that's why the current behaviour is considered a bug).

Thats true. Just removing the new-window option seems to be better. You can set into Firefox Preferences what you want it to do when you click on a link. In my case, for example, I set it to open the link in a new tab in the last used window, and it works fine. It doesn't destroy the current tab.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University