Re: Resize NTFS while installing FC3

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Mo, den 27.12.2004 schrieb Fabio um 14:14:

Has FC3 a tool to resize NTFS and FAT partitions while installing?

No, it has not. NTFS support is not included at all due to license issues.

fabio

You could use one of the rescue CDs available to resize an existing partition using (qt)parted.

Alexander

In this case, it's still a good idea to defragment & backup it first. I had problems trying to use qtparted to resize/repartition a ntfs partition. Even after defrag, there remained some data in the end of the disk that didn't allow qtparted to resize it appropriately. In the end, I just reformatted the whole thing.

-- -- ---------------------------------- Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student Chemistry Department Kansas State University ----------------------------------