Re: new fedora core3 installation

Mike Klinke wrote:
On Sunday 26 December 2004 12:46, cfk wrote:

A second question, if I may. Would I expect that a later
xorg-x11-libs... file be a "yum" kinda thing and if so, how would
I tell the version of a "yum" file before doing "yum update" or
"yum install xorg"?

You can run "yum list updates" to show you what needs updating. It will give you a list of packages with version info. Here's more info from the yum man page,

LIST OPTIONS
       The following are the ways which you can invoke yum in list mode.  Note that all list commands  include  information
       on the version of the package.

       yum list [all | regexp1] [regexp2] [...]
              List all available and installed packages.

       yum list available [regexp1] [...]
              List all packages in the yum repositories available to be installed.

       yum list updates [regexp1] [...]
              List all packages with updates available in the yum repositories.

Kenny -- Because words are imperfect, every generation rewrites itself.