To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: HEEEEEELLLLPPPP !!! New to Unix ....

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 16:07, baytimur wrote:
I am a computer engineer who graduated in 1983. Did systems
programming/networking/tech support on mainframes pc's etc all these years

I resisted the call of Unix all these years, but now I am bored with
everything, and that left Linux/Fedora to play with ....

I got core 3 and installed it, but of course it does not recognize my
Morotola wireless card ! What a surprise :)

I found out on google that I could probably use ndiswrapper, and the .inf
file from the windows XP installation cd for the card, but could not get it
to work. Of course I can't, I do not know much about linux at all, have no
idea where to tar the ndiswrapper, how make file works etc etc. I do know
the theory, but that is all ....

Can somebody help me get my wireless card working please so I can switch
over to Fedora and start learning ? I am hunting for a linux for total
morons book for people like myself in the meantime. But that book is not
going to help me get that card working ...

Thanks for your time, if you can help me ....

A few tips when posting to this list:

1. Don't hijack threads, i.e. don't reply to a totally unrelated thread
and enter a new subject line and body. This will make your message turn
up in the middle of that thread and annoy someone, while others will
completely miss it. Compose a new message and send it to the list
address.

2. Make the topic meaningful. "HEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPP!!!!!!!!!!" is not.
This is a high volume mailinglist and most people will gladly skip such
messages. "Motoral wireless card trouble" is a lot better, and
will catch the eye of others with the same problem, or a solution.

Not meaning to sound harsh, it's just easier for you to get through this
way.

Regards,
--
Tarjei