Re: converting .deb to rpm

Peter  writes:

Hi

I am using fedora core 3 and I have some debian packages I need to install.
I don't want to use debian so I have tried using the alien-extra conversion program.

The problem is it won't install because of dependences, is there another program for fedora that will convert these.

Get the original source code, and build the RPMs yourself.

This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn how to build your own RPMs.

Yes, you won't get instant gratification. You will have to spend some amount of time learning stuff, before you end up with a suitable RPM of this software.

However, this will be a very rewarding investment, that will pay off many times, in the future.