Re: Making Caps lock a control key with Gconf?

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Don Bennett wrote:

You can configure it via:

<Menu>->Preferences->Keyboard[LayoutOptions]

In the panel on the right, open Control Key Position
Select the option "Make CapsLock an additional Control"
 and add it;

Ah yes, many thanks.

More worryingly though, I don't seem to be able to get gnome-keybinding-properties to run from an account whose home directory was used with FC2 previously. If I create a new user account it will run fine; from a user account that had previously been used with FC2, under FC3 gnome-keybinding-properties crashes. I tried deleting the .gnome, .gnome2, .gconf, .gconfd and .gtkrc directories, but that didn't help. I also tried copying accross those files/directories from a new user account, and yet still it wouldn't work. Anyone any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks
Jonathan