Re: Fedora core (CD) install on Compaq Proliant

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 07:08 -0800, David Brown wrote:
> Hello Fedora Core gurus, I have downloaded the Fedora FC3-i386-DVD
> Roxio Easy CD Creator. I have successfully burned this image to a
> bootable CD. The target machine is a: Compaq Proliant ML350. 1 gig RAM
> and two 2.2ghrz processors with 512kb cache and 2 SCSI disks of
> undetermined size but currently MS windows server 2003 is installed.
> The aim is to ovewrite the current OS with the linux OS. The newly
> burned Fedore Core 3 CD boots on startup OK but if I choose graphical
> or text mode install I get graphical anyway. From the graphical screen
> I click OK for the next two dialog screens for Language and Keyboard.
> Next, I get the following prompt:
>
> What type of media contains the packages to be installed?
>
> Local CDROM
>
> At this point when I click OK the following error condition is
> returne:
>
> The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please
> insert the Fedora Core CD and press OK to retry.
>
> Please advise,
> Geezenslaw

Don't know if it helps but I am writing this on an ML350 (2 x 2.8GHz
Xeon, SmartArray 5300, 5 x 36GB 15,000 RPM Ultra320 drives, 1 x 18GB
15,000 RPM Ultra320 drive, 2GB memory, CD-ROM drive).  I did my install
in text mode over NFS and it worked flawlessly.  I don't have a DVD
drive or else I'd try to replicate your problem.

Just a thought - is the DVD drive a slave on the second IDE channel?
Try making it the master drive on the first IDE channel and see if that
works.

--
A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Q: Why is top-posting bad?