Re: FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

I'll agree with you that the thread is now impossible to follow, but if I may summarise, as I understand it:

1. you are not happy because the kernel *source* rpm has been moved to the SRPMS as opposed to being on the binary install discs?

Yes

2. You have given many arguments as to why it should be there (the binary discs),
*Some* of which appeared to be statements akin to
'the kernel source is not in the distribution any more'
- which is inaccurate and misleading, as the rpm just isn't going to be on the i386.isos, but on the SRPMS (where, logically, it belongs).

Then please read my prior posts - I have always said either "not on the install discs" or "not installable by default" (ala the app add/remove program) - many time I have used shorthand to say not included. This thread is too large to fully qualify it anymore.

This will
also be the case for 'official' RHEL releases. The SRPM isos are part of the distro and are available as channels through up2date (aka yum).

This is okay - for the disks that are physically shipped and not downloaded or require network access. You have confirmed what other have denied, though. Thanks.

3. You have been presented with many arguments as to why the situation should be the way it is and have refused to acknowledge any of them.

Definitely wrong. Please read prior posts.

This is, of
course, your right, but both sides of the argument are getting tedious.

4. You are never going to accept any reasoning for doing things the FC3 way, and the FC3 release is incredibly unlikely to be altered to accommodate your personal preferences.

So can we all just leave it now?

Stuart