Re: Gnome panel and desktop icons mysteriously changed

Jim Cornette wrote:

Did you try to change to another theme? The theme that I use has the foot instead of the hat. I'm not sure about the alarm notify problem though.

You could back up the .gnome, .gnome2 and the .gnome_private equivelent directories. You will loose any custumized settings you made. You will have to set things up as you just created the account.

Jim

I had always stayed with the fedora default bluecurve theme. I did try moving to another theme and then back, but that didn't fix it. I'll try your suggestion with the .gnome* directories.