Re: Gnome panel and desktop icons mysteriously changed

CB wrote:
All the icons on the desktop and panel of my main login user have changed (other users desktops are still OK). For example, the panel menu icon is now the gnome footprint rather than the redhat logo, and directories on the desktop now use a generic text file icon rather than the original folder.

Any ideas on how this might have happened, and how to restore things?

Cheers,

CB.

Oh, forgot to mention. At the same time (I think) I started getting the following error every time I log into gnome:
The application "evolution-alarm-notify" has quit unexpectedly.

The two things don't obviously look related but I know little about how Gnome works.

Did you try to change to another theme? The theme that I use has the foot instead of the hat. I'm not sure about the alarm notify problem though.

You could back up the .gnome, .gnome2 and the .gnome_private equivelent directories. You will loose any custumized settings you made. You will have to set things up as you just created the account.

Jim
--
"You can't make a program without broken egos."