Re: SCSI install problem

linux wrote:

Hi,

I have a mixed IDE SCSI system with the linux root system on the SCSI disk. On upgrading with FC2 the installer detects the IDE interface and then doesn't look for the SCSI anymore. So it can't find my linux root.

Is there a way to force anaconda to detect my SCSI disk?

Regards, Koos.

Koos, hoe is het jongen?

You can try switching to one of the other virtual consoles that has a prompt and use 'modprobe <name of SCSI module>'. This is what I had to do to get an Adaptec AHA1529 in the past. In my case it was 'modprobe aha152x' to get it going.

Veel geluk.

Regards,
Ed.