Re: How often should prelink run ?

Hannes Mayer wrote:
Well, todays prelink job was done in about 2-3 minutes, but CPU went to 97%
(quite a long time for ld-linux.so.2) and due my older and thermically problematic
machine the CPU temp rises to over 60C, so I try to avoid any unneeded high temps.
It's enough when the temp goes that high when I compile stuff.

I really suggest you get that cooling problem fixed. If you don't, you will get errors that can eventually corrupt your data, or if you're lucky, just crash your machine.