Re: System with two operating systems in two disks

On 06/22/2004 03:49 AM, Javier Perez wrote:

Hi

I am running Fedora in one computer and now I want to make some
tests. I have an 80G HD that I can add as a slave to the system.

I want to install the second HD with its own OS that I can play with
in such a way that my original OS is not disturbed.

I know maybe this is a question for a GRUB List but I wonder if
somebody else have done this and if there is a good how-to that could
guide me in this.

Thanks!

What OS will you install on the second disk? Most linuxes that I know of will be happy to do it for you automatically. Windows may break everything, on the other hand. You can probably search for and find a lot of help online about this--try including the term "chainloader" in your search.

I run basically the same setup at home, Mandrake 10 on the first disk, Win XP on the second disk. But having Windows installed first was the key; Mandrake found it and set up grub for me. I have a feeling if Mandrake were there first, the Windows install would wreck the MBR.