Re: End of life for FC1?

Sean Estabrooks said:
>> As it stands, I can't afford to upgrade to FC2 because of its buggy
>> nature.  This in turn means that my students will not use and therefore
>>  not test FC2, which deminishes the FC community.  I may have to switch
>> to some other distro for our linux lab.
>
> What good is it trying to attract "testers" who refuse to work with
> things that aren't perfect?   We need people who are interested in helping
>  resolve problems.   Not people who are so afraid of bugs that they are
> incapable of helping.   FC2 is working very well for many people. And many
> other people are helping resolve the issues that do exist.

Thank you for putting my thoughts into a coherent paragraph.

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html

"Create a complete general-purpose operating system with capabilities equivalent to competing operating systems, built for and by a community ? those who not only consume, but also produce for the good of other community members."

--
William Hooper