Re: Samba problems

Edward wrote/ha scritto, On/il 02/06/2004 03:18:

antonio montagnani wrote:

Nicholas Ruddick wrote/ha scritto, On/il 01/06/2004 15:20:

antonio montagnani wrote:

antonio montagnani wrote/ha scritto, On/il 01/06/2004 12:09:

Suddenly (at least I cannot remember any change) I cannot use the Network server with samba as I get the following message

Impossible to show smb:/// as Nautilus cannot contact SMB master browser.
Please check if a SMB server is operating on local network

And here are results of a testparm.....

[root@Contec antoniomontagnani]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[Aurat]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
       server string = PC Antonio
       null passwords = Yes
       username map = /etc/samba/user.map
       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
       max log size = 50
       os level = 10
       dns proxy = No
       guest ok = Yes
       hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24

[homes]
       comment = Home Directories
       read only = No

[printers]
       comment = All Printers
       path = /var/spool/samba
       printable = Yes
       browseable = No

[Aurat]
       comment = Copia directory HP
       path = /home/antoniomontagnani/HP
       read only = No

Additional infos from command smbclient.....

smbclient -L localhost -N
Domain=[CONTEC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.2-7.FC1]

       Sharename      Type      Comment
       ---------      ----      -------
       homes          Disk      Home Directories
       Aurat          Disk      Copia directory HP
       IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (PC Antonio)
       ADMIN$         IPC       IPC Service (PC Antonio)
       HP_Celeron     Printer   Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
       Epson810       Printer   Epson810
       antonio        Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[CONTEC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.2-7.FC1]

       Server               Comment
       ---------            -------

       Workgroup            Master
       ---------            -------
       WORKGROUP

Any clue??? I guess that the problem is that I cannot see any Server and any Master, but what shall I do???

I'm having a similar problem of when I go to Network Servers it very occasionally shows all the servers but most of the time it just shows Windows Network with nothing inside it.

Nicholas Ruddick

My network is very simple, a Linux server and some XP machines.
Today I had only one XP machine running, but I could not surf the network: I stopped the XP machine for a while (10 minutes), and restarted again the XP machine.....and everything was working.
Quite sure that other Xp machinen don't cause similar troubles.....
What is going on???

If you're running XP PROFESSIONAL, your XP boxes may be fighting for master browser rights. There's a way to turn that off, but I can't remember how.

Regards,
Ed.

Running XP Home.....I do not think the end user has upgraded to Professional ;-) and not informed me!!!!

Tnx --

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
    Uso Mozilla 1.6 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1