Re: Samba problems

antonio montagnani wrote:

antonio montagnani wrote/ha scritto, On/il 01/06/2004 12:09:

Suddenly (at least I cannot remember any change) I cannot use the Network server with samba as I get the following message

Impossible to show smb:/// as Nautilus cannot contact SMB master browser.
Please check if a SMB server is operating on local network

And here are results of a testparm.....

[root@Contec antoniomontagnani]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[Aurat]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
       server string = PC Antonio
       null passwords = Yes
       username map = /etc/samba/user.map
       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
       max log size = 50
       os level = 10
       dns proxy = No
       guest ok = Yes
       hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24

[homes]
       comment = Home Directories
       read only = No

[printers]
       comment = All Printers
       path = /var/spool/samba
       printable = Yes
       browseable = No

[Aurat]
       comment = Copia directory HP
       path = /home/antoniomontagnani/HP
       read only = No

Additional infos from command smbclient.....

smbclient -L localhost -N
Domain=[CONTEC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.2-7.FC1]

       Sharename      Type      Comment
       ---------      ----      -------
       homes          Disk      Home Directories
       Aurat          Disk      Copia directory HP
       IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (PC Antonio)
       ADMIN$         IPC       IPC Service (PC Antonio)
       HP_Celeron     Printer   Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
       Epson810       Printer   Epson810
       antonio        Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[CONTEC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.2-7.FC1]

       Server               Comment

       Workgroup            Master
       WORKGROUP

Any clue??? I guess that the problem is that I cannot see any Server and any Master, but what shall I do???

I'm having a similar problem of when I go to Network Servers it very occasionally shows all the servers but most of the time it just shows Windows Network with nothing inside it.

Nicholas Ruddick