Re: Fc2 Vfs kernel panic after upgrade from Fc1 using Volume Management

On May 21, 2004, Peter Smith <peter.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I install a clean FC2 with / and swap on LVM I get the same
> Vfs panic.

Hmm...  Was any of the physical volumes a raid member in a former
life?  vgscan now discards block devices that contain raid superblocks
at the end.  Boot in rescue mode and use mdadm --zero-superblock to
remove the superblock from any former raid devices.

Then, run lvm vgscanto see if it can find the volumes.  If it doesn't,
keep adding `-v's until it tells you why :-)