Re: Add/Remove programs

venkata ramana wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2004 15:32:10 -0400 (EDT), duncan brown
<duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

venkata ramana said:

The problem with this is I don't have the headers directory in the ftp
server of our LAN. I have the packages only in the ftp server. yum is
saying that failed to find the headers. My ftp server's directory
structure is like the link
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os but,
without the headers and SRPMs directories. Is there a way to use yum to
install packages with yum from this ftp server also?

if you have root on this server, go into the directory with the rpms and
enter this

yum-arch .

that will create the headers.

-d

Isn't there a way to do the things without creating headers? I am
asking this because I don't have the permission to log into the server
and create headers.

you can try # rpm -Fvh ftp://server/your_packages/i386/package* works sometimes

or

$ wget -cr --passive-ftp ftp://server/your_packages/

and here you can do yum-arch and use "file://" in your yum.conf
or "dir" in your /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

--
shrek-m