My Linux partitions are lost.

Hi All,

I had Linux FC1 and Windows XP home edition on my Dell inspiron 8500. For some reason, i had to reinstall XP and as a result the GRUB loader was overwritten. I knew GRUB can be reinstalled easily, so didn't worry about it.

To get back GRUB in MBR, i booted from FC CD1 and start with "linux rescue". I was prompted for preferred language and keyboard. then it tried to look for any Linux partitions on my machine. Unfortunately, i couldn't find any Linux partitions on my machine. Later i tried to upgrade the Linux installation. When i opted for manually partitioning the drive, it reported that the existing partition table is corrupted. Linux was running perfectly on my machine before i reinstalled windows XP. I was getting perfect 16.4" display and my winmodem (softmodem) was also working.

Is there any way by which i can preserve my previous Linux installation and get the GRUB in MBR. Or do I have to reinstall Linux?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas