Re: setting up ppp using wvdial?

Patrice Brockhaus wrote:

Am Sonntag, 9. Mai 2004 22:06 schrieb Globe Trotter:

The good ole days of DSL are temporarily over for me and I find myself
trying to figure out how to set up this ppp and wvdial. I have been able to
set-up wvdial, I think!, but am unable to get ppp. Does anyone really know
what I should do?

Why not use kppp? Works great, just fill in the provider-specific data and connect. kppp also works with Gnome just like any other KDE-app.

Bye,
Patrice

No offence meant, but maybe the original poster wanted to dial up in text mode consoles?

Not everyone here uses X (I don't).

kppp is great, but you would need to be running X to use it.

Regards,
Ed.