Re: Apache oddity

Graham Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 17:58, Rick Stevens wrote:

Ok, I thought I'd toss this one out there as I'm having trouble sorting
it out.

Configuration: FC1, 2.4.22-1.2188nptlsmp, 2GB, Apache 1.3.29/PHP 4.3.6
Weirdness: Everything is installed in /usr/local/test (including
libraries, configs, document roots, cgi-bin, the lot).  Apache runs fine
from there, serves pages and works perfectly.

When the contents of /usr/local/test are copied to an NFS volume which
is then mounted at /usr/local/test, apache runs but will not serve
pages.  Apache's error log shows:

(13)Permission denied: access to / failed because search permissions are
missing on a component of the path

Again, the EXACT CODE is used (via a "cp -a").  Ownership and
permissions are fine (trust me, I've checked).  Has anyone seen this
behaviour?  Care to clue me in?  Is Fedora doing something, uh,
"special" in its NFS handling?  Apache's message is misleading at best.

If the logs directory is also NFS mounted, I suggest looking at the
documentation for the LockFile directive in the configuration file.

Negative, the logs are on a local drive as is the PHP session information.

As I said in a later post, this appears to be some weirdness between the
underlying mountpoint and the NFS mount itself.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-           Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.            -