To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: second network card

John Dean wrote:

I'm trying to setup a second network card under fedora 1. The problem is
that it gets detected and setup as device "dev3051" not eth1. How can I

make

fedora detect the network card as eth1.

I know the card is working as I can active it using "ifconfig dev3051
192.168.0.200" and then ping the interface.

Thanks.

So why worry about the name. just set it up in the network config panel I have had more trouble trying to change things than using them the way the system sees them.